AMEND CHILD ABUSE LAW WITH THE TERM “COACH SUBSTITUTE CARETAKER”….POD CAST: http://www.athletesafety1st.info
Pod Cast: http://www.athletesafety1st.info
“Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity.”
“Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of Coercion, Discrimination and Violence.”
“For sexual health to be attained and maintained, the Sexual Rights of all persons must be respected, protected and fulfilled.”
Sexual Rights embrace human rights that are already recognized in national laws, international human rights documents and other consensus statements. They include the right of all persons, free of coercion, discrimination and violence, to:
• the highest attainable standard of sexual health, including access to sexual and reproductive health care services;
• seek, receive and impart information related to sexuality;
• sexuality education;
• respect for bodily integrity;
• choose their partner;
• decide to be sexually active or not;
• consensual sexual relations;
• consensual marriage;
• decide whether or not, and when, to have children; and
• pursue a satisfying, safe and pleasurable sexual life.
The responsible exercise of Human Rights requires that all persons respect the rights of others. [35.]
“The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) is an international treaty that legally obliges states to protect children’s rights. Articles 34 and 35 of the CRC require states to protect children from all forms of sexual exploitation and sexual abuse.”
“This includes outlawing the coercion of a child to perform sexual activity, the prostitution of children, and the exploitation of children in creating pornography. States are also required to prevent the abduction, sale, or trafficking of children.” [36.]
“Paraphilia (in Greek para παρά = beside and -philia φιλία = friendship, meaning love) is a biomedical term used to describe sexual arousal to objects, situations, or individuals that are not part of normative stimulation and that may cause distress or serious problems for the paraphiliac or persons associated with him or her. A paraphilia involves sexual arousal and gratification towards sexual behavior that is atypical or extreme. [4.]
Before the introduction of the term paraphilia in the DSM-III (1980), the term sexual deviation was used to refer to paraphilias in the first two editions of the manual American Journal of Psychiatry describes paraphilia as “recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving:
1. Non-human objects
2. The suffering or humiliation of oneself or one’s partner
4. Non-consenting persons [5.]
Erotic is defined as tending to arouse sexual love or desire, strongly marked, sexually driven and affected by sexual desire the condition of being sexually stimulated. [1.]
The Usual, Customary type of Discrimination refered to is defined by the following:
• Self-Gratification-Against, Dislike-for a person or group
• Negative attitudes and prejudice to another based on socio-cultural choices
• Preconceived judgment and opinion of another
• Action of irrational attitude of hostility toward another
• Disregard another’s Human Rights
• Objective: Hate, Victem Harassment and Destruction
• Directed against an individual or a group because of their differences from the others, usually race, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, language, disabililty. [1.]
Pedophiliac Sexual Discrimination or Erotic Preference is a Pathological Disorder. The Sexual Rights of Child Victims, when they are victimized, have been disrespected, unprotected, and unlawfully destroyed.
Sexual Rights are recognized in national and international Human Rights and Laws. Child Victims are coerced, targeted (discrimination, Bias) and violated. Pedophiliac Sexual Preference is Characterized by Abnormal Pedophilic Behaviors and Dangerous Paraphiliac Children Effects:
• Sexual arousal and stimulation elicited by contact with Children who are not normal groups of persons like adults that should elicit healthy arousal and stimulation
• Pedophiliac sexual actions likewise initiate physical danger and/or emotional distress and other serious consequences for the Paraphiliac Victimized Children who become associated with the Pedophiles
• Pedophiliac sexual actions are not conscious choices but Pathological Responses to sensory stimuli from Children, primarily visual
• Pedohiliac sexual actions with Children are always Criminal Actions in the U.S.
“The paraphilias are bizarre and disturbing phenomena of abnormal human sexual preference. How is it that a small fraction of human beings, and most often men, can have eroto-sexual preferences for objects (such as shoes), or parts of the human body (such as the hair or feet), for inappropriate partners (such as animals or children), or for behavioral traits (such as sadism or lust-murder)?”
“However, those human beings afflicted with paraphilias show deep seated and bizarre eroto-sexual preferences, which indicate that something has gone profoundly astray during their childhood or perhaps during adolescence, to inappropriately condition sexual arousal.”
God and His Laws of Nature put sexual “drive into human beings for a very important reason, the preservation of the human race. If a person stops eating, he will die. If we all stopped having sex, the human race would die.”
Behaviors enacted in response to powerful biological appetites, be it for food or for sex, can become associated with some degree of volitional impairment.
Calling a condition a disorder always involves a bad outcome. Pedophilia is considered a disorder because of its bad consequences and permanent damage to Children and Youth..
“Men with pedophilia get erections when fantasizing about children. Heterosexual men get erections when fantasizing about women. In neither case is that so because the individual in question has somehow decided ahead of time to program his mind to work in such a fashion.”
Persons with Pedophilia have simply not chosen toexperience an alternative state of mind. [29.]
“But a disorder it most assuredly is. This is bizarre and abnormal disorder of sexuality. It cannot be truly “consensual,” as in the case of sexual activity involving adults. The child is always at risk of being manipulated or disadvantaged by an adult in such relationships.”
A master manipulator, “a pedophile can inappropriately interact with an unsuspecting child and set up an agenda for intimacy.” [22.] [23.]
“As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia (or paedophilia) is defined as a psychiatric disorder in adults or late adolescents (persons age 16 or older) typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 13 years or younger, though onset of puberty may vary). The child must be at least five years younger in the case of adolescent pedophiles (16 or older) to be termed pedophilia.
International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems”
The International Classification of Disease Code for Pedophilia 2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code is - 302.2, The code 302.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim. It will convert to ICD-10-CM
Paraphilia and Pedophilia are not socio-cultural choices. There are Neuropathological bases for these disorders. Pedophilia is not a conscious choice. There are underlying Central Nervous System Pathological Abnormalities. Pedophilia can be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, transexual etc.
The Pedophiles Erotic Discriminations or Deviant Sexual Preferences for Child Victems, including Child and Youth Athletes, are not socio-cultural choices and don’t follow the usual defintion of Discrimination. They are Central Nervous System Pathological Based Abnormalities.
Pedophiles may engage in a wide range of sexual acts with children. When confronted about engaging in such activities, pedophiles commonly justify and minimize their actions by stating that the acts “had educational value,” that the child derived pleasure from the acts or attention, or that the child was provocative and encouraged the acts in some way.[9.]
A U.S. Department of Justice manual for law enforcement officers identifies 5 common psychological defense patterns in pedophiles:[10.]
• Denial (e.g., “Is it wrong to give a child a hug?”)
• Minimization (e.g., “It only happened once.”)
• Justification (e.g., “I am a boy lover, not a child molester.”)
• Fabrication (activities were research for a scholarly project), and
• Attack (character attacks on child, prosecutors, or police, as well as potential for physical violence).
Child molestation is not a medical diagnosis and is not necessarily a term synonymous with pedophilia.[11.] A child molester is loosely defined as any individual who touches a child to obtain sexual gratification with the specifier that the offender is at least 4 to 5 years older than the child. The age qualifier is added to eliminate developmentally normal childhood sex play (e.g., two 8-year-olds “playing doctor”).[12.] [15.]
Coach Pedophilia Sex with Child and Youth Athletes is about the powerful over the powerless, because of the Power Gap between the Coach and Child Athlete.
“Pedophiles use varying degrees of persuasion, coercion, and physical force in their sexual assaults. Pedophiles may also display aggressiveness and characteristics of hostility in nonsexual areas of their behavior.” [16.] Their encounters might mingle violence with erotic desire.
Consent implies that the individual is of legal age. The age of consent or legal age varies from one jurisdiction to the next. Usually the age of consent is 18.
Pedophiles argue there is no “force” or “coercive” actions that pressure the child into the sexual acts. The Pedophile equates the lack of force and coercion as consent on the part of the Child.”
“What the Pedophile is actually referring to is that the sexual act was “mutual”. All mutual sexual acts with children are illegal because the Child is not legally allowed to consent to sex/ Because of the minor age of the Child, the sex acts with adults are extremely physically and psychologically harmful to the Child. [28.]
The Problematic Pediphilic Coach has a complex Neuropathological basis for his/her disorder. There are “wires crossed”, so to speak, in their Central Nevrous System.
“Study findings supported increased prevalence of Childhood Sexual Abuse along with elevated propensity towards cognitive distortions and psychopathy in individuals with pedophilia vs. healthy controls.
Individuals with pedophilia had higher rates of Childhood Sexual Abuse, more schizoid traits, and lower impulsivity and behavioral psychopathy scores.
On phallometry, individuals with pedophilia showed higher erectile response overall but evidence of erotic discrimination, with clear preference for pedophilic rather than adult female stimuli.
Penile tumescence is the vacular reaction within the penis after arousal causing erection. The largest reactions for normal individuals were elicited by the physically mature adult female.” [8.]
“Individuals with pedophilia showed elevations both in traits related to aberrant motivation and to impaired inhibition.
Heterogeneity among these traits may reflect the degree to which pedophilic urges and behavior pertain to either aberrant motivation or impaired inhibition.” [2.]
“A psychobiological model of pedophilia is proposed that conditions lead to neurodevelopmental abnormalities in the temporal regions mediating sexual arousal and erotic discrimination and the frontal regions mediating the cognitive aspects of sexual desire and behavioral inhibition.
In this way, pedophiles develop deviant pedophilic arousal. Subsequently, if there is comorbid personality pathology, specifically sociopathy and cognitive distortions, there will be failure to inhibit pedophilic behavior.” [3.]
“Research that seeks Neuropsychiatric Differences between pedophiles and the general population, the prison population, and other sexual offenders has been undertaken.
Neuropsychiatric differences of the Pedophile:
• Lower IQ (though this is controversial)
• Prominence of left-handedness
• Impaired cognitive abilities
• Neuroendocrine differences
• Brain abnormalities
• Possible neurochemical differnces, especially in serotonin levels
• Other psychiatric disorders [7.]
“Most child molesters are true pedophiles, that is, they prefer sex with children over sex with adults. Most of them don’t like sex with adults at all, or at least not much.
Pedophilia is a problem of desire.”
Sexual Sadism is a PARAPHILIA in which sexual gratification is derived from hurting, humiliating, or otherwise inflicting physical or psychological suffering on another. [34.]
“Sexual sadism refers to the derivation of sexual pleasure from the infliction of pain, suffering and/or humiliation upon another person. The pain and suffering of the victim, which may be both physical and psychological, is pivotal to the sexual arousal and pleasure. The ICD-10 (World Health Organization, 1992) defines sadism as “preference for sexual activity that involves bondage or infliction of pain or humiliation.”
ICD-9 (International Classification of Disease) for Sexual Sadism code - 302.84
The Preferential Pedophile has two subtypes:
1. “The Seductive Pedophile is also known as the fixated type. They are usually homosexual men that prefer male victims. Their seduction process involves buying the future victim gifts or helping them with various things. They became a friend the victim can lean on. As the bond grows sexual innuendo is slowly brought in to the relationship. The may show them pornographic pictures or videos. The aim to confuse their victim about sex and then once the abuse begins they blame the victim. They often have friends that are also pedophiles and they network. This network uses the Internet to find victims and search for pornography. They have a list of potential victims and they know where to find them.
2. “The Sadistic Pedophile is grotesque when it comes to sexual preferences. They severely abuse their victims and sometimes kill them. They search for the perfect victim and they will travel long distances to gain access to the victim. They stalk and then attack and/or abduct their victim. Their abductions are typically designed to confuse the parents and the authorities. This type of pedophile is usually intelligent and middle to upper class. They like to be on the move and they like change. [33.]
“Pedophiles, child molesters, sexual offenders…all these names apply to those that stalk and molest our children. They are dangerous and often invisible to us.
NEUROPATHOLOGY AND NEUROBIOCHEMICAL CHANGES IN PEDOPHILA
“A high comorbidity of impulse control disorders (eg, explosive personality disorder, kleptomania, pyromania, pathological gambling) has been noted in pedophiles (30%-55%).7 These factors have been postulated to indicate that pedophiles may have Neurodevelopmental Distresses.”
A study by Schiffer et al, found decreased gray matter volume bilaterally in the ventral striatum, insula, orbitofrontal cortex, and cerebellum of the pedophiles. the existence of disrupted neurophysiologic attributes.
“The temporal lobe findings deserve special attention. It has long been known that certain medical conditions, such as temporal lobe epilepsy and Kluver-Bucy syndrome (bilateral lesions in the temporal lobes), can lead to hypersexual or hyposexual behavior.23 Several studies indicate that the temporal lobe is involved in erotic discrimination and arousal thresholds.
“As previously mentioned, these changes commonly occur with other conditions, such as certain personality disorders, which are also found in a large number of pedophiles.
“A question this raises is whether some of the changes noted in pedophiles are related to problems of brain development and maturation or represent brain changes that have resulted from life experiences, such as being physically abused and sexual victimized themselves as children.
Studies of neurochemical differences in pedophiles vs controls have also been performed. A particular area of interest is serotonin function and metabolism.
“Serotonin has long been known to play a role in impulse control disorders such as OCD and is theorized to have significance in the paraphilias. Pedophiles had a serotonergic disturbance, most likely caused by the decreased activity of the presynaptic serotonergic neuron and hypersensitivity of the serotonin 2 postsynaptic receptor.
“A study by Blanchard et al found the mean intelligence rating of bisexual and homosexual pedophiles was significantly lower than heterosexual offenders (either pedophile or teleiophile). The study by Blanchard et al10 also indicated that the lower the intelligence of the offender, the younger the age of the abused child.
“Another study by Blanchard et al11 the hypothesis that neurodevelopmental differences or injuries in early childhood may result in one being sexually oriented toward children.
Environmental factors may predispose individuals to become pedophiles. Pedophiles often report environmental stress as a factor that increases their urges or desire to offend against children.
“One of the most obvious examples of an environmental factor that increases the chances of an individual becoming an offender is if he or she were sexually abused as a child. Studies that examined females who committed sexual acts against children reported that 47% to 100% of them had experienced sexual assault as children.
“Individuals who engage in homosexual pedophilia were more likely to have been abused than individuals who engage in heterosexual pedophilia.
Of note, although abused individuals are more likely to abuse others, most individuals who are abused do not perpetuate the cycle.” [7.]
“We have, above all, the studies of the American social psychologist and social harmony researcher James W. Prescott, who garnered public attention by elucidating the connections between child-rearing, sexual behavior, and violence-potential in various world cultures.
“The quintessence of these studies is the thesis that certain cultures go a long way towards raising children in a love-starved, tactilely-nourishing-deprived environment and moral code in which pre-marital sexuality is prohibited, an environment in which they are drowning in chaos and violence. That is because violence, as Prescott established scientifically, originates from a compensation reaction on the part of the mind to a lack of (tactile) pleasure”. [17.]
“T.W. Campbell who, synthesizing forty years of neurological research, has concluded that the impetus for every kind of human act of human aspiration is pleasure. If we now prevent the attainment of such pleasure, the human mind compensates for this lack by stimulating the brain’s violence center. Neurologically speaking, the pleasure and violence centers are regarded as being in a zero-sum stasis. The more the pleasure-center is activated, the less active is the violence-center, and vice versa.” [18.]
“One is able to say that love and violence are mutually exclusive from Prescott’s sutdies of tactile-nourishing deprivations in childhood. The more lovingly, affectionately and tactilely nourishing someone is raised up, the more physical joy he or she has already experienced as a child, the less violent he or she will be in later life. 17.]
But “Sex Actions” are not always love. Thus violence is not mutually exclusive during all “Sex Actions”. “Going all the way” is is not love but casual “Sex Action” and can be acompanied by violence..
“Precious love is quite another thing. It is experienced when two people are totally committed to each other and have the security of marriage. Devout Belivers believe “Sex Actions” and God’s way are best. [19.]
“A study published in the Feb. 9 issue of Nature indicates that sex and violence are intertwined in the male brain. Deep within the brain of expermental mice is a circuit of cells that determine whether they fight or mate. Neuroscientists believe that human brains are wired similarly.”
“Dr. Clifford Saper of Harvard Medical School points out that sex and violence are inseparably linked in a chain that leads to the survival of a species. Fighting off invading males preserves territory and sex with females passes on genetic line.
Even in humans, stimulation of the VMH is known to produce aggressive behavior. Dr. Newton Canteras of the University of São Paulo in Brazil believes further study will reveal that sexual behavior is centered in the same area of the human hypothalamus. Such knowledge may also help scientists understand and treat violent sex criminals [21.]
Abnormal Coaching Pedophile Behaviors are the Pedophiles Erotic Discriminations or Deviant Sexual Preferences for romantic encounters with Child and Youth Athlete victems. These Acts do not follow the usual, customary defintion of Discrimination and Bias. They are Central Nervous System Pathological Based Abnormalities.
Coach Neuropahological Pedophile Behaviors are deeply centered within the brain of the central nervoux system where the region for subconscious, instinctive Sexual Drive, Self Defense and species Survival are centered. The Center when altered pathologically manifests itself with Pedophillic Sexual Self-Gratification and Sadistic Child Athlete Victimization and Destruction
Study: “To examine whether pedophilic perpetrators show structural neuronal deficits in brain regions that are critical for sexual behavior and how these deficits relate to criminological characteristics.”
“Pedophilic crime causes considerable public concern, but no causative factor of pedophilia has yet been pinpointed. In the past, etiological theories postulated a major impact of the environment, but recent studies increasingly emphasize the role of neurobiological factors, as well. However, the role of alterations in brain structures that are crucial in the development of sexual behavior has not yet been systematically studied in pedophilic subjects.”
“Pedophilic perpetrators showed a significant decrease of right amygdalar volume, compared with healthy controls (P = .001). We observed reduced gray matter in the right amygdala, hypothalamus (bilaterally), septal regions, substantia innominata, and bed nucleus of the striae terminalis. In 8 of the 15 perpetrators, enlargement of the anterior temporal horn of the right lateral ventricle that adjoins the amygdala could be recognized by routine qualitative clinical assessment. Smaller right amygdalar volumes were correlated with the propensity to commit uniform pedophilic sexual offenses exclusively (P = .006) but not with age (P = .89).”
“Pedophilic perpetrators show structural impairments of brain regions critical for sexual development. These impairments are not related to age, and their extent predicts how focused the scope of sexual offenses is on uniform pedophilic activity. Subtle defects of the right amygdala and closely related structures might be implicated in the pathogenesis of pedophilia and might possibly reflect developmental disturbances or environmental insults at critical periods.” [30.]
“Compared to the homosexual and heterosexual control subjects, pedophiles showed decreased gray matter volume in the ventral striatum (also extending into the nucl. accumbens), the orbitofrontal cortex and the cerebellum. These observations further indicate an association between frontostriatal morphometric abnormalities and pedophilia. In this respect these findings may support the hypothesis that there is a shared etiopathological mechanism in all obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders.” [31.]
“A Case Report Study and Report revealed that Orbitofrontal abnormalities are associated with poor impulse control, altered sexual behavior, and sociopathy.”
“A patient with acquired pedophilia and a right orbitofrontal tumor who was unable to inhibit sexual urges despite preserved moral knowledge.”
“The patient displayed impulsive sexual behavior with pedophilia, marked constructional apraxia, and agraphia. The behavioral symptoms and constructional deficits, including agraphia, resolved following tumor resection.”
“For patients with acquired sociopathy and paraphilia, an orbitofrontal localization requires consideration. This case further illustrates that constructional apraxia can arise from right prefrontal lobe dysfunction. Agraphia may represent a manifestation of constructional apraxia in the absence of aphasia and ideomotor apraxia.” [32.]
A growing body of research points to a possible prenatal neurodevelopmental correlation. A 2008 study determined that males with a pronounced degree of fetish interest had findings that would indicate excessive prenatal estrogen exposure and suggestions that disturbed hemispheric brain lateralization may play a role in deviant attractions [6.]
“Pedophilia is a complex, often compulsive, psychosexual disorder with profound implications for the abused child, the perpetrator, and community. It is important for physicians to understand the various types of Pedophiles, the profile of the abused children, and the offenders’ responses to treatment and their risk for repeated offense.” [7.]
Coach and all Pedophiles intensely desire, give sexual preference and select romantically Children for their sexual targets. Pedophilia is a form of Sexual Preference Discrimination. The Pedophile’s objective is Sexual Self-Gratification which is a subconscious, instinctive Sexual Drive.
The despicable damaging consequences to Children are Sadistic Child Victimization, Psychological Destruction. and, potentially. Physical Devastation and Spiritual Annihilation. Pedophilia is the worst of the worst “Sex Crimes” even when the target is not murdered after these atrocious sexual actions. They paralyze the Child Victim, Perpetrator and community
“A nation…cannot survive treason from within…the traitor …wears the face of his victims,…and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation—he works secretly…he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared…….” Cicero, 42 B.C.E. [20.]
1. [Meriam Webster Dictionary]
2. [Identifying the Psychobiological Correlates of Pedophilic Desire and Behavior: How Can We Generalize Our Knowledge Beyond Forensic Samples? Lisa J. Cohen, Ph.D. and Igor I. Galynker, M.D., Ph.D,.Beth Israel Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY]
3. [Heterosexual male perpetrators of childhood sexual abuse: a preliminary neuropsychiatric model. Cohen LJ, Nikiforov K, Gans S, Poznansky O, McGeoch P, Weaver C, King EG, Cullen K, Galynker I. Psychiatr Q. 2002 Winter;73(4):313-36.]
4. [Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 1994.][Wikipedia]
5. [American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., text rev.). Washington, DC: Author.][wikipedia]
6. [Rahman & Symeonides, Q; Symeonides, DJ (2008). "Neurodevelopmental correlates of paraphilic sexual interests in men". Archives of Sexual Behavior 37 (1): 166–172]]
7. [A Profile of Pedophilia: Definition, Characteristics of Offenders, Recidivism, Treatment Outcomes, and Forensic Issues, Ryan C. W. Hall, MD and Richard C. W. Hall, MD, PA , Mayo Clinic Proceedings April 2007 vol. 82 no. 4 457-471]
8. [Erotic Preference, Gender Identity and Aggression in Men, Ron Langeven ed.]
[9.] Child Sexual Exploitation Update, 2004; 1(no. 3). Available at www.ndaa.org
[10.] Lanning, K.V., Child Molesters: A Behavioral Analysis. 4th ed. Alexandria, VA: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children; 2001
[11.] Murray, J.B., “Psychological profile of pedophiles and child molesters,” Journal of Psychology. 2000; 134:211-224
[12.] Abel, G.G., Becker, J.V., Cunningham-Rathner, J., Mittelman, M., Rouleau, J.L., “Multiple paraphilic diagnoses among sex offenders. Bulletin of the American Academy of Psychiatry & The Law. 1988; 16: 153-168.
[13.] Justice Research and Statistic Association http://www.jrsa.org/ibrrc/background-status/nibrs_states.shtml
[14.] Abel, G.G., Harlow, N., “The Abel and Harlow child molestation prevention study,” Excerpted from The Stop Child Molestation Book, Philadelphia, PA: Xlibris; 2001]
15. [mental health and beyond by E. Diane Champe, We Are Adult Survivors of Child Abuse and Neglect Pedophilia Versus Child Molestation – Part 2 July 11, 2011]
16. [.Are pedophiles with aggressive tendencies more sexually violent? Greenberg DM, Bradford JM, Curry S, Bull Am Acad Psychiatry Law. 1996;24(2):225-35. PubMed]
17. [James W. Prescott, "Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence." Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 10-20 (1975), in part also published in The Futurist, April 1975.]
18. [T.W. Campbell, The Pleasure Areas, London: Eyre Methuen Ltd., 1973.]
19. [Youth World Lesson 4: Understanding the Sex Jonathan David]
20. [Vatic Master, The Vatic Project,11/19/2011]
21. [Sex and violence may intertwine in same brain cell circuit by Steve Tarlow February 10, 2011, NewYType.com]
22. [Abnormal Eroto-sexual Preferences in Human Beings: The Nature of Pedophilia Alan F. Dixson, D.Sc., Center for Reproduction of Endangered Species, Zoological Society of San Diego, POB 120551, San Diego, California 92112-0551]
23. [Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 31, No. 6, December 2002, pp. 479–503 (°C 2002) Peer Commentaries on Green (2002) and Schmidt (2002) Pedophilia: When Is a Difference a Disorder? Fred S. Berlin, M.D., Ph.D., National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma, 104 E. Biddle St., Baltimore, Maryland 21202]
24. [Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV TR (Text Revision). Arlington, VA, USA: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.. 2000-06. p. 943. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890423349. ISBN 978-0890420249]
25. ["Pedophilia". Encyclopædia Britannica. http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9058932.]
26. [Seto MC.(2009) Pedophilia. Annual Review of Clinical Psychology 5:391-407.]
27. [Section F65.4: Paedophilia (online access via ICD-10 site map table of contents)."Pedophilia". ICD-10.]
28. [Pedophilia: More Than A Moral Dilemma Dean Fazekas, M.S.S.A., Adult Sex Offender Treatment Program, 2103 Clark Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44109]
29. [Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 31, No. 6, December 2002, pp. 479–503 (°C 2002) Peer Commentaries on Green (2002) and Schmidt (2002) Pedophilia: When Is a Difference a Disorder? Fred S. Berlin, M.D., Ph.D., National Institute for the
Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma, 104 E. Biddle St., Baltimore, Maryland 21202]
30. [Brain pathology in pedophilic offenders: evidence of volume reduction in the right amygdala and related diencephalic structures., Schiltz K, Witzel J, Northoff G, Zierhut K, Gubka U, Fellmann H, Kaufmann J, Tempelmann C, Wiebking C, Bogerts B., Department of Psychiatry, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt 39120, Germany]
31. [Structural brain abnormalities in the frontostriatal system and cerebellum in pedophilia. Schiffer B, Peschel T, Paul T, Gizewski E, Forsting M, Leygraf N, Schedlowski M, Krueger TH., Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany. boris. J Psychiatr Res. 2007 Nov;41(9):753-62. Epub 2006 Jul 31]
32. [Right orbitofrontal tumor with pedophilia symptom and constructional apraxia sign. Burns JM, Swerdlow RH., Department of Neurology, University of Virginia Health System, 1 Hospital Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA. Arch Neurol. 2003 Mar;60(3):437-40]
33. [Pedophiles and their characteristics, Child Safe Tips]
34. Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition]
35. [Defining sexual healthReport of a technical consultation on sexual health 28–31 January 2002, Geneva Geneva, 2006, World Health Organization.]
Children from all walks of life converge on America’s playgrounds and Sports facilities, daily, with the expectation that their differences will be respected and that the Coach will provide an environment that nurtures their diversity and the Coach will protect and properly supervise them. But all coaches are not the same. Some are Problematic Coaches.
Child and Youth Athletes are not treated the same as other Non-Athlete Children and Youth in their populace by Problematic and Predator Coaches. They are subjected to more Preventable, Not-Accidental Morbidity and Mortality, Sexual Abuse, more catastrophic injuries and chronic disabilities during and years after Sports Participation that negatively impact their quality of life.
Concious Discrimination is the realization that some people have differences, variations and contrasts but other people don’t accept those differences. [8.]
“Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of a person or group based on class or category (or certain characteristics).”
“Discrimination is an assault on the very notion of Human Rights. Discrimination is the systematic denial of certain peoples’ or groups’ full Human Rights because of who they are, what they do or what they believe.” [19.]
“Discrimination against children can be more severe than that against adults because children often have less social power. In part, this can be attributed to the lack of recognition of children’s rights and children’s dependence on adults to make decisions for them, reinforced by society’s reluctance to relinquish that decision-making power until the child reaches the accepted age of consent.”
Exploitation is an act that exploits, unfairly treats, victimizes or uses someone’s qualities, attributes and abilities for their own advantage i.e. Child Athlete Sexual Abuse and Utilization of Child Athletes for selfish purposes advertising, publicity, and money. [6.]
The Erotic Discriminations and Child Ahtete Exploitations of Coach Pedophiles are not socio-cultural choices and don’t follow the usual defintion of concious Discrimination and Exploitation. They are suvconcious Central Nervous System Pathological Based Abnormalities and Discriminations. [33.]
In the case of Child Athletes, the diversity subject of this publication is their Innocent, Susceptible, and Vulnerable Age when trained by a Problematic or Predator Coach.
Child and Youth Athletes share a unique vulnerability and susceptibility and need special protection to promote their physical, mental, spiritual, moral, and social development.
Recent research has shown that excessive sports practice and pressure associated with performance sport are considered a violation of children’s rights. Some sports are considered among the ‘worst forms of child labour’ due to the dangerous nature of the sport itself. [31.]
Stereotypically Macho Child and Youth Athletes, who are not “Little Macho Adults,” are Exploited and Abused by Problematic Coaches that some Problematic Parents and Sport Societies support with defective “logic” and motivation. [29.] [30.]
Let’s be clear from the beginning. This report is about “Problematic and/or Predator Coaches”. Not all Coaches are “Problematic or Predators”, of course. In fact, the majority, are dependable, trustworthy, mentors. But a few bad apples spoil the lot, just like Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Teachers, Ministers, Boy Scout leaders etc. The reams of paperwork and laws line the walls of growing Court Houses because of the Criminal minority.
CHILD ATHLETE ABUSE SYNDROME IS A SHORT TITLE For A CLUSTERING OF CHILD (<18) OR YOUTH (15-24) ATHLETES’ SERIOUS INJURIES, PATHOLOGIES and/or DEATHS SECONDARY TO:
►PHYSICAL ENDANGERMENT, MALTREATMENT and/or ABUSE
► PSYCHOLOGICAL ENDANGERMENT, MALTREATMENT and/or ABUSE
► SEXUAL ABUSE
► HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
► FAILED CHILD CUSTODIAL PROTECTION
► NEGLIGENT COACHING CARE-GIVING SUPERVISION
► THAT WAS INFLICTED, CAUSED, CREATED, OR ALLOWED TO BE INFLICTIED, CAUSED, CREATED, DIRECTLY OF INDIRECTLY BY THE PROBLEMATIC or PREDATOR COACH.
► CAAS can cause chronic, long lasting effects on Child Athlete victims.
These can also be considered Child-Athlete Discrimination or Bias-Motivated Crimes; not only Child Abuse and Neglect. A Bias-Motivated Crime is a legal category used to describe a prejudice or preconception about certain personal characteristics i.e. different appearance, different nationality, language, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, gender, social status, political affiliation and different age.
“This publication is about Child-Athlete-Age-Bias–Motivation secondary to the Preconception that Child Athletes are “Little Macho Adult” Athletes by Problematic or Predator Coaches during Sports Participation.
“In the 1970s, our sporting culture began a drastic shift. Sports became big business. Although professional athletics certainly existed before this, sports historically considered amateur for youth, were, in reality, becoming more and more professional in terms of long-term objectives.”
“Youth soccer, basketball, football, and hockey leagues were being increasingly defined as breeding grounds for future pro athletes, rather than as organizations that taught fair play and provided a safe place for having fun and making friends.”
Thus Child and Youth Athletes were becoming “professionalized” and nowadays Parents and Coaches are obsessed with their Athletic success.
Young Athletes have been encouraged to specialize in one sport and play that Sport year-round. However, “children’s bones and musculature are not nearly as developed as those of adults.”
The successes of the tennis Williams sisters and golfer Tiger Woods reinforce early specialization and Parents and Coaches buy-in.
Expert (The AmAcOrthopedSurgery) research has shown when children engage in the same type of physical movements repeatedly, multiple serious orthopedic injuries develop and cause permanent damage. [29.] [30.]
Until 1960 Children were deemed simply “Little Adults”. Human Growth and Development and Developmental Psychology were merely theoretical terms, not lectured and not practiced. Few understood those sciences.
Jean Piaget began was born in Switzerland in 1896. He pioneered many fields of science including genetic epistemology “a branch of philosophy that investigates the origin, nature methods, and limits of human knowledge”, cognitive theory, and developmental psychology.
However, for many years there was no interest. “Between 1932 and 1950 not a single one of his books were translated into English. But by 1960 his ideas were being jubilantly rediscovered by American psychologists.” [26.]
Piaget emphasized that Children are not “Little Adults” and have their own pace of Human Growth and Development of Knowledge, Cognitive Ability and Psychology. Therein is the fatal flaw of the Problematic Coach.
Problematic Coaches err with Piaget’s and contemporary scientists’ theory by attempting to make Child Athletes behave mentally, physically and athletically like “Little Adult Athletes”. Those tactics and that bias are is developmentally inappropriate and too advanced for Child Athletes.
Piaget notes that every child develops at a different rate. Instead of holding each child to a set of uniform adult standards, for example, the Child Athlete’s performance should be on “an individual Child basis.”
“The stages of intellectual development formulated by Piaget appear to be related to major developments in brain growth. The human brain is not fully developed until late adolescence or in the case of males sometimes early adulthood.” Problematic Coaches often expect children to think and act like adults when they are not yet capable of doing so.
Coaches expectations for their child Athletes at a given age “must be realistic and in line with their Age of Development.” [22.][23.][24.][25.]
As described above, after 1970 Young Athletes began becoming professionalized. Their Role as Children with Athlete Safety 1st has been double jeopardized because they are perceived as “Professionalized Macho Little Adult Athletes”. Child and Youth Athletes have become sandwiched between an Old Cultural Tradition and a New Coaching Custom.
In addition to experiencing discrimination as a group age less than 18, children face discrimination on all the other grounds describe above or a combination of such factors.
“All forms of discrimination against children are exacerbated by virtue of the victims’ age and vulnerability, which provide them fewer opportunities to be heard or to challenge any discriminatory acts perpetuated against them.”
”Although the UN Convention on Rights of the Child (CRC) only mentions certain grounds of discrimination explicitly, it recognizes the possibility of other grounds of discrimination from which children are entitled to protection.”
“However, despite numerous measures designed to eradicate it, discrimination remains rampant.”
“As a result, a number of other human rights treaties such as the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD), the Convention on Elimination on All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) have been ratified separately to help guarantee the full spectrum of rights (civil and political, as well as economic, social and cultural rights) for specific groups of people.”
“In 1989, world leaders decided that children need special protection. Every year millions of children worldwide are subjected to violence, exploitation, trafficking, discrimination or other abuses.
“Millions more remain without adequate protection. Protecting children from violence, exploitation and abuse is an integral component of protecting their rights to survival, growth and development.
“The CRC is the first legally binding international instrument to incorporate the full range of children’s human rights—civil, cultural, economic, political and social rights—in a single text. The Convention sets out these rights in 54 articles which can be grouped into three broad categories.
“Protection rights: These rights include protection from all forms of child abuse, neglect, exploitation and cruelty, including the right to special protection in times of war and protection from abuse in the criminal justice system. [20.]
CHILD AND YOUTH AMATEUR ATHLETE HUMAN RIGHTS [Numbers refer to the Section of the Treaty 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child]
• Right to non-discrimination 2
• Principles of the Best Interests of the Child 3
• Right to provide appropriate direction and guidance 5
• Right of Development 6
• Right to an identity and nationality 7
• Right not to be separated from their parents 9
• Right to have their views taken into account 12
• Freedom of Expression and Association 13 15
• Protection of privacy 16
• Right to access appropriate information 17
• Protection from Abuse and Neglect and other forms of Violence 19
• Right to Health 24
• Right to Education 28 29
• Right to rest, leisure, recreation and cultural activities 31
• Right to be protected from
1. Economic exploitation 32
2. Illegal drugs 33
3. Sexual exploitation 34
4. Abduction, trafficking, and sale 35
5. Other forms of exploitation 36
6. Right to benefit from Rehabilitation Care 39
7. Right to Due and Fair Process 40 [21.]
A CHILD-CENTRED SPORT SYSTEM has 10 fundamental principles:
• Equity, non-discrimination, fairness
• Best interest of the child, children first
• Evolving capacities of the child
• Subject of Rights, exercise of Rights
• Consultation, the child’s opinion, informed participation
• Appropriate direction and guidance
• Mutual respect, support and responsibility
• Highest attainable standard of health
• Transparency, accountability, monitoring
• Excellence [21.]
The grounds for Discrimination for fifty-three (53) categories of Children have been identified by the Children’s Rights International Network Committee after examination of submitted reports.
These grounds are reasons that have been specified by law that will serve as a basis for demanding relief. Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination grounds exist because of the following manifestations:
• Age of the Child, 18 years and less
• Physical and Psychological (Emotional) Maltreatment and Endangerment resulting in serious injuries and death, Sexual Abuse and Human Rights Violations after Children are placed in Substitute Care
• Children whose Freedom and Rights are violated. Suffer Human Rights disorders [6.]
• Children subjected to Violence and Abuse after placed in Substitute Care[1.]
• Child and Youth Athlete Health Disparity Population [5.]
• Ignorance of the Law concerning the tight entwinement of the Coach-Substitute-Caretaker + Child Athlete + State, the Tripartite Relationship
• Ignorance of the Law concerning the Parens Patriae Doctrine. the Tripartite Relationship legal framework [8.]
• Ignorance of the Law concerning the Coach-Substitute-Caretaker in Child Abuse Prevention Reauthorization of 2010, Public Law 111-320 because of failed authorship, publication and promulgation [7.]
CHILD AND YOUTH ATHLETES ARE A HEALTH DISPARITY POPULATION
Child and Youth Athletes are a “Health Disparity Population. (HDP).” These particular HDPs are advanced by Physical and Psychological Endangerment and Maltreatment, Sexual Abuse and Human Rights Violations, secondary to improper Child Protection and Supervision by the Problematic Coach. Child Athletes often do not achieve the highest attainable standard of health under Problematic Coaches.
“A health disparity is a particular type of difference in health or one of the most important influences on health that could potentially be shaped by policies. It is a difference in which disadvantaged social groups have persistently experienced social disadvantage or discrimination and systematically experience worse health or greater health risks than more advantaged social groups.” [4.]
Defined in US Public Health Safety Act: “A population is a ‘Health Disparity Population’ if there is a significant disparity in the overall rate of disease incidence, prevalence, morbidity, mortality, or survival rates in the population as compared to the health status of the general population, in addition to the meaning so given, the Director may determine that such term includes populations for which there is a significant disparity in the quality, outcomes, cost, or use of health care services or access to or satisfaction with such services as compared to the general population.” [5.]
Young Athlete Rights are violated by tactics and circumstances to which Child and Youth Non-Athletes are not subjected. This is a result of systemic Direct and Indirect “Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination” against Young Amateur Athletes.
Once Children put on the Sports Uniform they assume the identity of an Athlete and are no longer considered an innocent Child by the Problematic Coach. No matter their young age, they are subjected to Child Athlete Abuse Syndrome (CAAS) that is Inflicted, Caused, Created, or Allowed to be Inflicted, Caused, Created, Directly or Indirectly by the Problematic Coach.
Child and Youth Athletes, after blatant disregard for their immature, undeveloped age and blatant disregard for required Child Care by a Coach-Substitute-Caretakers have been:
• Run until collapse and death during dangerous Heat and Air Pollution
• Spanked for missing free throw shots in basketball
• Over-Exercised to kidney failure, Rhabdomyolysis
• Screamed at and called “worthless’ relentlessly to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Concussed until Brain Damaged
• Sexually Abused for team membership
• Thrown in the air while cheerleading until they fall to paraplegia
• Over-exercised to ACL injury
• So forth and so on
AGEISM, AGE DISCRIMINATION , ADULTOCRACY, AGEIST STEREOTYPING
Ageism, also called Age Discrimination is Stereotyping-of and Discrimination-against individuals or groups because of their age.
It is a set of beliefs, attitudes, norms, and values used to justify Age-Based Prejudice, Discrimination, and Subordination. [10.]
This may be Casual or Systematic. Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination and Child Athlete Abuse Syndrome are Systematic. Sports are organized Systems that utilize regular, methodical training and participation procedures to accomplish teamwork, goals and victory. [10.] [11.] [12.]
The term, Ageism, was coined in 1968 by Robert Neil Butler to describe Discrimination against groups of people. [13.]
“Ageism in common terminology and age studies usually refer to negative discriminatory practices against old people, people in their middle years, teenagers and children.”
“Adultocracy is the social convention which defines ‘maturity’ and ‘immaturity’, placing adults in a dominant position over young people, both theoretically and practically. An example is Zabernism which is a term for exploitation of the Power Gap that exists between the Coach and Child Athlete. [14.]
Ageism in addition to seniors is used to describe Prejudice and Discrimination against adolescents and children, including the assumption that youth should behave in certain ways because of their age. [15.]
In the case of Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination, Athletes are required to behave in ways harmful to Children and Youth.
“Ageist Stereotyping is a tool of cognition which involves categorizing into groups and attributing characteristics to these groups.”
“Stereotype Labeled Categories are necessary for processing huge volumes of information which would otherwise overload a person, and they are often based on a “grain of truth”. It becomes instant cataloging and recall. For example, Child and Youth Athletes are viewed as “Little Adults”.
“However, stereotyping causes harm when the content of the stereotype is incorrect with respect to most of the group or where a stereotype is so strongly held that it overrides evidence which shows that an individual does not conform to it.” [16.] This is harmful to Children when they are defined by their Sport, not their Age.
For example, Child-Athlete-Based Stereotypes cause Problematic Coaches, health care professionals, including Athletic Trainers and the Sport Culture to conclude that Child and Youth Athletes are “little adults”, not Young psychologically innocent, vulnerable, susceptible and physically immature Youth.
Child-Athlete-Based Stereotypes can inappropriately influence the above groups of adults and their actions and lead to Child Athlete Age-Based Discrimination and Child and Youth Athlete Abuse Syndrome.
The manner in which the Law looks at Age is important. For instance, the Law requires that all young persons in the U.S must be at least 16 years old in order to obtain a driver’s license. Whereas, Child Athletes can be 6 years old and even less.
Child Labor Laws are Federal and State Legislations that protect children by restricting the type and hours of work they perform. Conversely, Child Athletes work excessive hours to fill the coffers of their bosses, whoever they are.
Child and Youth Athletes minds and bodies are over-used, over-exercised, and over-worked during some Sports Participations. Young Athletes are pushed and punished beyond Physical and Emotional Limits and Preventable, Not-Accidental Morbidity and Mortality result. Some sustain Human Rights Violations and are Sexually Abused. Those are the tragedies from Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination.
“From what is known about the talent development literature, a concern is that, without developing the Love Of the Game, Children will not have the motivation to sustain the effort needed to pursue excellence that has been found to take as many as 10,000 hours or 10 years of deliberate practice to develop. [17.] 10,000 hours with a Coach is an enormous obligation.
“Most young athletes and their parents fail to realize that, depending on the sport, only 0.2% to 0.5% of high school athletes ever make it to the professional level. Yet, youth continue to specialize in 1 sport while participating on multiple teams and risk overuse and/or burnout if there is no break from athletics during the year.”
“The risks of overuse are more serious in the pediatric/adolescent athlete for several reasons. The growing bones of the young athlete cannot handle as much stress as the mature bones of adults”. Neither can the young growing minds.
The article in the Journal of Pediatrics stated, “The parent or pediatrician may wonder how hard a child should be pushed to train and compete. Ultimately, it is important for the medical practitioner to discuss the underlying motivation for sport participation with the athlete, the parent, and, possibly, the coach.”
“Unfortunately, too often the goal is skewed toward adult (parent/coach) goals either implicitly or explicitly. The parent often hopes the child will get a scholarship, become a professional athlete, or fulfill the parents’ unfulfilled childhood dreams. It is best to identify and focus on the child’s motivation and goals to provide guidance.” [18.]
The Problematic Coach seeks win-at-all-costs, fame, career advancement and improved bottom lines. Naturally, Coaches themselves and the Sport Culture expect them to be successful; but at the risk of Child Safety?
Young Athletes face “Age-Based Discrimination” during Sports Participation because of their dependence on a Problematic Coach.
But the Problematic Coach, who doesn’t properly Protect and Supervise Child Athletes disregards the Age of the Child and defines the Child Athlete by his or her calling, an Athlete.
Problematic Coach Offenders treat Young Athletes like “Little Adults.” The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) states that Young Athletes are not “Little Adults,” a coaching misconception.  That concept is one of the AAOS greatest Sports’ crusades.
The Role of the Child and the Role of the Athlete are juxtaposed. Child and Youth Athletes encounter Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination and Health Disparity once they begin Sport Participation under a Problematic Coach.
Both the Role of the Young Amateur Athlete, whose age when disregarded, and the prospects from Win-At-All-Costs, supports “Society’s Approved Child Athlete Abuse Syndrome.”
Battered Child Syndrome was reported in Journal of the American Medical Association in 1962. It evolved into our current Child Protection Laws. [28.]
In 1981, 19 years later, Dr. Edwin R. Guise and Dr. Richard M. Ball, in disapproval, first described the terms respectively:
• “Socially Approved Athletic Child Abuse”
• “Battered-Child-Athlete-Syndrome”, [ 27.]
While scholars understand, but seldom proclaim, the Role of the Coach-Substitute-Caretaker, that Legal Role and Duty are factual. The Role however is directly concealed within the text of the definitions Section 3. Paragraph 2. of Child Abuse Prevention Reauthorization Act, Public Law 111-320.
The true identity of the Child is indirectly misrepresented. Because the age of the Child-Person, a minor less than 18, during Sports Participation has been indirectly misconceived because the Role of the Coach-Substitute-Caretaker has been omitted in the Law.
Young Athletes lack the means for challenging the Discrimination and Health Disparity in which they find themselves.
Child-Athlete-Based Discrimination is further exacerbated by the following:
• reliance and dependency
• smaller physical size
• inability to defend themselves physically and psychologically
• afraid of angering the offender
• blame themselves for the abuse
• feel guilty and ashamed
• susceptible to force, not powerful
• susceptible to trickery by Coach offenders
• have no control over their own bodies
• unable to make others believe their complaint
• perpetrators are someone they love, trust and admire in the beginning, such as their Coach.
The Surgeon General described U.S. Systems in Crisis that encourage Child Abuse in general. Those same systems are at work in Sports and in turn Promote Closed Sports Societies that perpetuate ego, greed, excess, bottom lines and win-at-all-costs and result in CAAS. The systems in crisis are:
• Failed Health Care Personnel and Citizens Reporting for All Forms Child Abuse
• Failed Reporting includes Child Athlete Abuse Syndrome
• Failed Enforcement of Child Protective Laws by Authorities and the Criminal Justice System
• Inept Public Health Intervention
• Social and Child Welfare Services failures
• Lack of Education / Awareness services
• Failure of Doctors To Advise Against and Failure Doctors To Intervene: When Coaches Exercise and Punish Athletes Beyond Physical and Emotional Limitations
• Some Sports Medicine Doctors Have Sold Their Souls To The Coach) Don’t Take Helmets, Sneakers after serious injuries
• Failure Coach Education by High School and University Athletic Associations Concerning Child and Youth Athlete Protection Law
• Coaches and others were targeted as potential Abusers and Perpetrators by Surgeon General
• Lack of Attorney Standards of Practice and Guidelines in Child Protection Proceedings according to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of COUNSEL for CHILDREN (NACC) and the AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION (ABA)
THE FOLLOWING ARE ESSENTIAL TO BREAK THE CONTINUANCE OF CHILD-ATHLETE-BASED DISCRIMINATION, EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE:
◙ Statutory amendment of Section3. Paragraph 2. definitions to include Coach-Substitute-Caretaker of Child Abuse Prevention Reauthorization of 2010, Public Law 111-320
◙ Thereafter, subsequent Enforcement
◙ Thereafter, State Performance Measures shall reflect the amendment to explain the Coacn-Caretaker Role in Sports, Recreation and Exercise.
◙ Thereafter, State Performance Measures shall reflect the Age, Physical and Mental Immaturity and Role of Child and Youth Athletes and their special need for Protection
◙ Coach-Caretakers shall “make peace with children’s differences”
◙ Coach-Caretakers shall understand that Child Athletes are not “Adult Macho Athletes” and their “gradual development speed” is independent of traditional and cultural preconception and bias.
◙ States shall alter their powers, duties and management functions satisfying compliance with the purposes for which the Federal funds and grants are made available to States by Federal Law
◙ Revised Statutes of Limitations for Child Athlete Abuse Violations
1. [CRIN, Children’s Rights International Network. CRIN and Bill Bell, Eva Geidenmark, Gerison Lansdown, Monica Lindvall and Bandana Shrestha]
2. [The UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, UN Committee on Sport for Development and Peace]
3. [Source: Implementation Handbook for the Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF, 2008]
4. [Annu Rev Public Health. 2006;27:167-94.,Health disparities and health equity: concepts and measurement., Braveman P.]
5. [Health Disparities in H.R. 3590 (Merged Senate Bill) “as defined in Section 485E (Sec. 931) Current Law Public Health Safety Act Sec. 1707(d)(3)) Policy]
6. [Human Rights in Youth Sports, Paulo David, 2005]
7. [SEC. 3. GENERAL DEFINITIONS. PARAGRAPH 2. of The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Reauthorization Act of 2010, Public Law 111-320]
8. [West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition 2. Copyright 2008 and Online Dictionary.]
9. [Young Athletes are not Little Adults, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons http://www.saveyourknees.org/kneeproblems/children.cfm]
10. [Kirkpatrick, George R.; Katsiaficas, George N.; Kirkpatrick, Robert George; Mary Lou Emery (1987). Introduction to critical sociology. Ardent Media. p. 261. ISBN 9780829015959.]
11. [Nelson, T. (Ed.) (2002). Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice against Older People. MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-64057-2.]
12. [Quadagno, J. (2008). The field of social gerontology. In E. Barrosse (Ed.), Aging & the life course: An introduction to social gerontology (pp. 2-23). New York: McGraw-Hill.]
13. [Kramarae, C. and Spender, D. (2000) Routledge International Encyclopedia of Women: Global Women's Issues and Knowledge. Routledge. p. 29.]
14. [ Youth Liberation Z magazine]
15. [Young and Oppressed" - youthrights.org]
16. [Journal of Management (Posthuma, R. A., & Campion, M. A. (2009). Age stereotyping in the workplace: Common stereotypes, moderators, and future research directions. Journal of Management, 35, 158]
17. [Ericsson, K. A. (1996). (Ed.). The road to excellence: the acquisition of expert performance in the arts, sciences, sports, and games. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.]
18. [Pediatrics Vol. 119 No. 6 June 1, 2007 pp. 1242 -1245 Overuse Injuries, Overtraining, and Burnout in Child and Adolescent Athletes Joel S. Brenner, MD, MPH, and the Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness]
19. [Discrimination, Amnesty International, http://www.amnesty.org/en]
20. [DISCRIMINATION AND THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD, Article 2, Convention of the Rights of the Child United Nations]
21. [Human Rights in Youth Sport by Paulo David, Secretary on Rights of the Child, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nation
22. [Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development, Jean Piaget's cognitive developmental theory]
23. [Driscoll, Marcy Perkins. "6". In Arnis Burvikovs. Psychology of Learning for Instruction (3rd ed.). Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.]
24. [Berly A. Geber, ed. Piaget and Knowing Studies in Genetic Epistemology (3rd ed.). London: Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd.]
25. [Vuyk, Rita. "3". In Arnis Burvikovs. Overview and Critique of Piaget's Genetic Epistemology, 1965-1980, Volume 1 (1st ed.). London: Academic Press Inc.]
26. [Jean Piaget's Genetic Epistemology:, Appreciation and Critique, Robert L. Campbell, Department of Psychology, Clemson University http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~campber/index.html]
27.[ Weekly World News, Jan 20, 1981, Health News]
28. [“The Battered-Child Syndrome”, C. Henry Kempe, M.D.; Frederic N. Silverman, M.D.; Brandt F. Steele, M.D.; William Droegemueller, M.D. ; Henry K. Silver, M.D., JAMA. 1962;181(1):17-24.]
29. [Cary, P., Dotinga, R., & Comarow, A. (2004). Fixing kids’ sports. U.S. News & World Report, 136 (20), 44-53]
30. [Sporting Violence: The Parents, Coaches, and Child Exploitati by David Mayeda on July 15, 2008 Bleacher Report,]
31. [Exploitation and Child Protection in Sport, The International Platform on Sport and Development]
[32.] HRF, “Human Rights First Praises Final Passage of Hate Crimes Prevention Legislation,” Press Release, October 8, 2009, http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/2009/10/8/Human-Rights-First-Praises-Final-Passage-of-Hate-Crimes-Prevention-Legislation/
[33.] [COACH PEDOPHILIA AND THE NERUOPATHOLOCIAL BASIS FOR EROTIC DISCRIMINATION OR SEXUAL PREFERENCE http://www.cappaa.com/coach-pediphilia-and-neruolocial-basis-for-erotic-discrimination]