[Doctor arrested after allegedly failing to report child abuse, July 22, 2014, KTSM News Channel 9 El Paso, Las Cruces, Juarez]
• It’s about time that Doctors learn by example that they can be punished for not doing their Duty to Children and abiding by the law.
• Doctors are Mandated Reporters; required by law to Report Child Abuse
• My “Colleagues” have ignored warnings and have risked being charged and ignored their Duty to Children
• Doctors should be ashamed for not Reporting Child Abuse and Child Athlete Abuse as mandated.
• “One of the most powerful mechanisms for protecting children from abuse is a law that designates school teachers, day care operators, doctors, nurses, and others “mandatory reporters” of child abuse and neglect” and requires them to Report Child Abuse to Authorities.”
• “Dr. Steven Kairys, professor of pediatrics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, N.J., and director of the American Academy of Pediatrics, said abuse cases are inadequately reported by pediatricians and inadequately investigated
• Doctor Kairys said, doctors who are most likely to observe physical abuse injuries only account for 2 to 3 % of abuse reports filed. [106. Parental Rights Under Microscope as Accusations of Child Abuse Mount, Thursday, February 07, 2002 by Robin Wallace Fox News]